Friday, December 3, 2010

Month of Memories - December 3rd

Today I am remembering MOPS.  I just came home from our first December meeting and, of course, had a lovely time.  I remember hearing about MOPS long before I joined and dismissing it as something I didn't need.  I wasn't lonely.  I didn't feel the need for the support of other moms.  I thought "why bother?"  But then, 4 1/2 years ago I was approached by my CBS (Community Bible Study) group leader and asked if I would consider joining the leadership team of CFC's (Christian Fellowship Church, where I attended CBS) MOPS group.  They were short a Discussion Group Leader and my CBS leader thought I would be a good fit, even though I didn't attend MOPS.  I prayed about it, and said yes.  My first meeting that fall was a little weird because I had to lead my table...and I had never even been to a MOPS meeting!  But, I quickly fell in love with MOPS and began to wonder "Why did I ever think I didn't need this??"

In my five years in MOPS, I have served twice as a Discussion Group Leader, one year as the Prayer/Care Coordinator, and then last year and a half as the Consignment Sale Coordinator.  Serving in leadership at MOPS has been a HUGE part of my growth as a person and as a leader.  My leadership strengths and weaknesses have been further clarified and I have developed a passion for speaking.  I have been blessed to be able to be the speaker twice at our MOPS group, and at several other local MOPS group this fall and coming Spring. 

Through MOPS, I have made some incredible friendships.  Some with ladies who were friends for a season, and some with ladies who will be part of my life forever.

When I find something I like, I share it with everyone I can, and I can't even count anymore the number of my friends who have joined MOPS through my recommendation and it has been so rewarding to have been able to watch MOPS have a tremendous impact on their lives as a result.

I am so thankful for all that MOPS has done for me.  I found myself during my years in MOPS, and I believe that in a large part, it was because of MOPS.  So to everyone who has played a part in my MOPS journey...thank you.

1 comment:

Matthew, Eve, Noah, Noelle, and Brooke said...

Thank YOU for telling me about MOPS! Like you, I can't imagine life without it now :)