Monday, December 20, 2010

Month of Memories - December 20th

Hmmm....hmmm....hmmmm....  It's a good thing that December only has 31 days and not 40 or something.  I am running out of ideas.  Actually, I have a few ideas in mind, but none that I want to use today.  Sooo....today I'll remember something my Dad told me a few months ago.  He said that he thinks I have gotten more and more beautiful over the last few years (*blush* thanks, Dad).  He also said he thinks it's because I get so much love from my boys.  He probably meant the little ones, but I think we have to include the big one, too.   The big one actually annoys me sometimes because he often will literally tell me "I love you" 10 times over the course of 15 minutes.  It really seriously does annoy me and I'll say things like "Stop saying that!"  I got it the first time, you know? :)  I probably sometimes look a little like this...see below.  (You might want to click on the picture to get the full effect of my facial expression.  Ha.  Can you tell I was surprised?  Pretty sure this was the first time Philip laid any kind of kiss on me.  Poor guy.  Probably not the response he had in mind.  But I digress...)
Well, apparently Philip has a love-speaking protege.  Now that Andrew can talk, and after his first unsolicited admittance of "I love you, mama" a few weeks ago, I am getting barraged with "I love yous" from him, too!  He and I sit next to each other at the table during meals and frequently he leans over onto my arm 5-10 times during a meal and say "I love you, too" (even though he started it).  Oh man.  I need to train this kid how to have a little variety in his sentiment vocalizations.  But really, it is sweet, and I am truly thankful to be loved SO much that the men in my life feel compelled to tell me, and tell me, and tell me. :)  And just think, if it's had this much positive effect in the last few years and I am only 30....just think what a stunner I'll be by the time I am 80.

P.S. I love you boys, too. :)  (Aren't they cute?  Who couldn't love these guys?)

No comments: