Saturday, January 12, 2008

A Year Ago Today...

We first saw this house. What a year it's been! And the house barely resembles the one we looked at that day. Oddly, I still remember how cold it was inside (and out!) and the way the house smelled. I remember how I felt as I saw it.

Here's a few before and after pics of changes we have made:
Dining room before: green walls, carpet, no molding

Mid-process. Took us a while to decide whether to paint the bottom red or off white.

Dining room after: red walls, wood floors, crown molding (painting and molding done by Philip!)

The entry way before. What I call "80's tile gone wrong" and one of the things I knew would have to go immediately. The walls are a funky yellow color. Actually, the whole house was one of three colors: pale blue, pale lime-ish green, and this yellow. Yuck. Not my color scheme.

Mid-process. Pulling out that tile was a MESS!!! We were thankful we hired out that work. They actually had to replace the sub-flooring.

The entry way at Christmas. Wood floors and a much more neutral paint color!

It's hard to believe it's already been a year. What a year! We love almost everything we've done to the house and we love living here!

No comments: