Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What a Way to Start the Year...

Well Happy New Year 2008 everyone!! We stayed up until 11:50 and then went to bed. What chumps! Oh well...who needs to see a ball drop! :)

So, posts about Christmas and the baby are forthcoming, but I just haven't gotten my act together with the pictures yet. Can't post without pictures! Anyway, to let you all know we are alive and made it to the new year, I am posting to about my tooth. Yes, you read that right. I have bad teeth. Always have. My mom says it's hereditary and I like that explanation since I really do try to take good care of them. But despite my best efforts, I always seem to be getting cavities and having fillings fall out. This fall, one of my molars cracked and I had to get a crown. Fun times. Well, I have this one tooth that didn't grow a replacement. So, the baby tooth remains. No one knew how long that poor little tooth would last, but we were all hoping for the best. It had made it to 2007 with only one small filling, which had to be replaced last fall when it fell out. And then it fell out again over Christmas. No biggie...it's just a little whole. Well this morning I was minding my own business when I notice I am chewing something that seems a little hard. Upon inspection, I find that poor little baby tooth has just lost a huge chunk and is now sporting a not-so-trendy jagged, gaping hole! (I'll spare you pictures of this!) Alas. Has my tooth finally met it's demise in 2008? Guess we'll see what the dentist says. I was hoping to avoid contributing further to his retirement fund for a while, but I guess that plan goes out the window for now. I hope he can at least put the tooth out of it's misery without too much pain and suffering on my part. Stay tuned. What a way to start the year!

No comments: