Saturday, November 24, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick!

Blech...what a week (or 10 days) this has been! First Joshua was a little sick, then Caleb got a little sick, then Joshua got pink eye, then I fell off the "sick cliff" and had one of the worst cases of cold or flu (whatever it was) I have ever had. Six days later, I am still not back to normal, but I think I have finally turned the corner and see the light at the end of the tunnel. Wowzers. The good news is that despite the fact I was nearly single handedly (or would that be single-nosedly?) keeping Kleenix in business, I never completely lost my sense of taste, so I could sort of enjoy Thanksgiving dinner, but I am still largely eating jello and bland stuff. But hey, great way to not gain weight over a holiday! Philip's family has been here since Tuesday and it was such a bummer to be sick while having company. Additionally, I have essentially lost my voice, so I have to whisper to communicate. That's a challenge when trying to handle a rowdy two year old! :) Despite all the sickness (which also included Joshua randomly breaking out in some allergic reaction every afternoon after his nap for several days and Caleb getting a mild ear infection), it was a great Thanksgiving and a wonderful time with family. Below is Caleb enjoying Puzzle Time with Grandpa and Uncle Paul.

No comments: