Monday, June 9, 2008

Sympathy From A 3 Year Old

The other day I was feeling awful. AWFUL. I had a horrible headache and just felt exhausted (turns out I was actually sick with some kind of infection, but didn't know this at the time). I was sitting with Joshua holding my head and he asked me what was wrong. Here's how the conversation went:

Joshua: what's wrong, mommy?
Me: I don't feel good, Joshua
J: Your head hurts?
M: Yes, I have a headache and I feel awful
J: Why?
M: Because I didn't get enough sleep last night
J: Why not?
M: Because I have to feed Andrew during the night
J: Oh
M: In fact, last night I fed him four times while you were sleeping, and so I didn't get enough sleep
J: (look of sympathy on his face, shaking his head, brow furrowed) Oh...that's TERRIBLE.

Anyway, his reaction was just kinda funny. I needed a laugh then too. :)

No comments: