Thursday, March 27, 2008

Did Someone Turn The Valium Up?

That is what Caleb asked me at about 5:00 this afternoon. I quickly realized he meant "volume" and was talking about the CD player where Joshua was listening to VeggieTales, however, the question struck me as highly ironic. Ever just have "one of those days"? Today has been one for us. Perhaps it's because it was overcast and rainy, but everyone has just been a little off. I, for example, physically feel like I haven't gotten a thing done and have one of those "I have been sedentary all day" headaches, when in fact quite the opposite is the case. Before 10:00 this morning I had dinner in the crockpot and vegetable lentil soup cooking on the stove, as well as a load of laundry in the dryer and in the wash. I then proceeded to go through several bags and bins of clothing sorting things out to tag and sell at the upcoming (Saturday!) MOPS Consignment sale and had everything organized by lunch. This afternoon I continued my scrapbooking project...and got grumpier by the minute! I don't know where I went wrong, but clearly I was productive today. :) Anyway, when Caleb asked about the valium, I just had to laugh. It's been one of those days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love to hear that your MOPS group does a clothing sale too! Ours is next weekend. It's this whole week long affair to get ready for it at the church since we have about 200+ people who sell their old clothing and toys. I hope yours goes well.