Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday...to ME! :)

At 6:02 this morning something momentous happened...I turned 28. :) And I missed the grand occasion. Andrew didn't awake me until 6:04. Hahaha... I was able to celebrate my birthday early with my family in NC with a yummy chocolate mousse cake...mmmmm....that Deborah and I decorated together.
We are now in Pennsylvania with Philip's family and will be celebrating my birthday with the whole family today...after I go make some more chocolate cake! (Can you tell I love this cake??!)

This morning while I was hanging out with Andrew, I was thinking about how my mom must have felt 28 years ago holding me as a newborn, and I was reminded of the baby I lost last February that was due on my birthday last year. It was sad to think about, but I am so thankful that God gave us THIS little guy. It was the best gift. :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Happy, happy b-day!

Laura P said...

Happy Birthday! Deep thoughts on your birthday, but yes---very glad a sweet blessing came out of alot of heartache lately.
Glad you're having a good day, and glad you're with family! How fun.
Happy Bday. Looking forward to getting with the girls to celebrate "belated"

benjaminandwendy said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Angela...love, Wendy, Ben, Harrison, and Paysen...

Jeannie said...

I know the baby that was lost on your birthday will probably always be remembered each year on your birthday---but I hope you take comfort in knowing that he/she is with the Lord watching you and waiting to hug his/her mommy one day in heaven. :)

Happy Birthday lady!

Ariavark said...

Is this an especially good chocolate cake recipe? If so, I'd love to get the recipe!