Sunday, May 4, 2008

Joshua's Birthday Party

Seeing as I am due the day after Joshua's birthday (although mightily hoping to deliver before then!!), we decided to celebrate Joshua's 3rd birthday early (11 days early, as Caleb will tell you). I decided to actually have a "real" party this year, instead of just a family celebration, I think mostly to make sure it happened! :) So, that was today. The "theme" was Thomas the Train. Joshua had been anticipating his cake since January when I told him he would have a Thomas cake this year. Friday night he saw me starting to ice it and asked "what kind of cake are you making, mommy?" When I told him it was his Thomas cake, his eyes got all wide and he said in a breathless, excited voice, "my Thomas cake???", as though he couldn't believe it was finally happening. Today when they saw it, with the trains on and all, oh boy, talk about excited! All the little boys at the party were in awe, I think. :) Anyway, Joshua received some very nice new engines and Thomas toys and he and Caleb were in absolute train heaven, until bedtime....at which point they both melted down from the sadness that they couldn't play any more today (and all the excitement with no nap!). But, it was a very fun day, and one that I am sure Joshua will remember for a long time. :)


And just for good measure, here's my basketball belly. :)

Maybe the next post will be announcing our new little guy....maybe. Or maybe it will be pics of his room...which is done, but I forgot to take pics of...and now the sheets are in the wash. Oops. :)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

that cake rocks!!!!!