Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Cheese-Meister and the Puzzle Master

For those of you who may not have heard, though the boys are commonly mistaken for twins, they are polar opposites of each other. One's like a brick, the other like a ripe peach...easily wounded. One loves to be upside down, the other hates it. I have a carnivore and a starch-i-vore. One sandcastle builder, one smasher.

Folly Beach, August 2007

So, to add to the opposites, Joshua is a very silly, giggly, crazy boy, who walks around saying things like "you guys are crazy". Wonder where he might have heard that? He loves VeggieTales and silly songs, imaginative games and being tickled. When he gets excited...he jumps. And bounces. And runs. You might say, he's a little like Tigger. No surprise, perhaps then, that he also walks around saying "I'm Tigger!" He is also a self-proclaimed expert on many topics and can frequently be heard saying, "that's the way it works!" in response to any type of explanation from me. He is also very independent and wants to do EVERYTHING himself. He'll let you know, too, with an adamant exclamation of "my do!" And he does. :)


Caleb, on the other hand, is very serious (in general) and loves to spend hours focusing on single projects like puzzles and block buildings. He has been in love with puzzles for about 3 months now when I accidently discovered his ability. At this moment, he is in the basement working on a 550 piece puzzle. Yes, 550 pieces. Ye
s, by himself. Huh. I figure if he gets it, I'll call Oprah. Currently the largest he has mastered is 250, but it's a breeze for him, and he loves to work on "adult" (500-1000 pc) puzzles with us, so we figured, "why not?" We'll let you know how that goes.

1 comment:

Phil said...

So, I have just been informed that I am not an authorized contributor to this blog...I have been asked to submit samples of my writing to the review board, which consists of Angela alone, for consideration.